- Complies with the German EEG* amendment on feed-in management
- Logging of all events and status changes
- Meets the requirements of the German Medium-Voltage Directive (BDEW)** for grid safety management
- Active power limitation and reactive power setpoint
- Reliably controls up to 2500 inverters
- Straightforward integration into existing plants
- Easy installation
- Free support from the SMA Serviceline
- Integrated web server
* German Renewable Energy Sources Act
** Directive established by the German Federal Association for Energy and Water
|Power Reducer Box|
|Communication with Sunny WebBox||Ethernet|
|Ethernet||10 / 100 Mbit, RJ45|
|Radio ripple control receiver (AUX-COM)||4 digital inputs|
|Max. Number of SMA Devices|
|Sunny WebBox (from Firmware Version 1.45)||50|
|Sunny WebBox with Bluetooth® (from Firmware Version 1.04)||50|
|Max. communication range|
|Power supply||External plug-in power supply|
|Input voltage||100 V – 240 V AC; 50 / 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||typ. 4 W / max. 12 W|
|Environmental Conditions in Operation|
|Ambient temperature||-20 °C ... +60 °C|
|Relative humidity||5 % ... 95 %|
|Internal||16 MB in a ring buffer configuration|
|External||SD card 1 GB / 2 GB (optional)|
|Dimensions (W / H / D)||255 / 130 / 57 mm|
|Installation options||Top-hat rail mounting, wall mounting|
|Software language||German, English, Spanish, French, Czech|
|Language versions (manual)||German, English, Spanish, French, Czech|
|Operation||Integrated web server (Internet browser)|
|Certificates and approvals||www.SMA-Solar.com|
|Plug-in power supply with adapters||yes|
|Type designation||Power Reducer Box|
Version 1.6.0 (August 2011)
- Latest status information on Sunny Portal
Transfer of current data and events from the Power Reducer Box to Sunny Portal. Charts with grid operator specifications, event log and e-mail notification of specification changes or faults via Sunny Portal.
- Operation mode in case of invalid input signals ("Fallback")
Switch to a definable operation mode if permanently invalid input signals are received, e.g., if the connection to the ripple control receiver is lost. Configuration of the operation mode via the user interface in the context menu "Status configuration".
- Support in selecting safe passwords
Analysis and display of the password quality when passwords are changed via the user interface.
- Additional software language: Spanish
- General improvements and error eliminations
- Important: In order to transmit data and events to the Sunny Portal, a DNS server must be entered in the network configuration. After this, the Power Reducer Box must be restarted.
- Important: After performing the firmware update to version 1.6.0, the "Fallback" mode is activated: If a permanently invalid input signal is received, the Power Reducer Box switches to the "Fallback" mode after 12 hours and active power limitation is reset to 100% (maximum feed-in capacity). Please check this setting, and change if necessary after the software update according to the technical description!
- Information: Update the Power Reducer Box using the update file in the download area and an SD card according to the technical description. Before performing the update, read also the instructions in the "Readme" file.
Version 1.5.5 (June 2011)
- New software language: Czech
- New time zone: UTC–4:30 (Caracas)
Version 1.5.4 (April 2010)
- Bug fixings of firmware version 1.5.2
- Extended access authorisation for installers to set the reference parameter for active power reduction and reactive power setting (Status configuration | Settings).
- Per link on the Power Reducer Box’s user interface, a ‘compatibility list’ can be downloaded. This pdf document includes an up-to-date listing of the inverters supported by the Power Reducer Box and their reference parameters.
- Please do not rename the upate file ‘SMAupdate’!
POWER REDUCER BOX - Firmware-Update 1 .7.0
Document number: smaupdate1.7.0
Version number: 1.7.0
Herstellererklärung - Made in Germany / Manufacturer‘s Declaration / Declaración del fabricante / Déclaration du fabricant / Dichiarazione del produttore / Δήλωση κατασκευαστή / Verklaring van de fabrikant / Declaração do fabricante / Prohlášení výrobce - Made in Germany
Document number: SB-SMC-STP-CC-ZE-HK-MiG-xx-11
Version number: 1.1
Exchange Inverter Declaration Form
Language: English (AU)
Document number: GeräteanforderungEN11_AUT