SMA Service rebate for installers
We pay the SMA service rebate to installers for the replacement of a defective inverter. The principle is simple. They support us with work performed under warranty and quickly receive a set fee.
How do I receive the SMA service rebate?
Simply complete the online SMA Service rebate form and attach your Tax Invoice. If you do not have an invoicing facility, please contact SMA. You will be eligible for the SMA Service rebate up on our receipt of both the SMA Service Rebate form and a Tax Invoice.
All information and requirements with respect to the SMA service fee are available here:
SMA Service rebate form
At a Glance: Payment Conditions for Service rebate
Please note that
- The defective inverter must be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or the extended warranty Comfort.
- We only pay the service rebate to installers. The service cannot be performed by your customers.
- The customer’s issue has to be recorded at our Service Line. Please always note the applicable ticket number, because we cannot pay the service rebate without this information.
- Prior plant registration is mandatory for requesting the service rebate.
- We only provide service rebate remuneration for inverters covered by a warranty in accordance with our warranty conditions. In other words, the customer must not be at fault for the defect and the device must not be damaged as result of overvoltage (e.g., lightning).
- The service must be billed within 12 months of being performed.*
- The defective device must be returned, otherwise an invoice will be issued.
- The SMA service rebate can be credited only if the plant and invoicing party are located in a country/region with an SMA Service branch office.**
* Not applicable in cases of loss of life, personal injury or impairment of health, nor in cases arising from intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by SMA or the malicious concealment of defects.
**At present SMA is represented by its own Service branch offi ces in the following countries/regions: Australia, Benelux, Canada, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Portugal, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.